ROAD PERMIT AND AUXILIARY POLICE (Singapore)
Oversized heavy vehicles which are used to carry large and heavy cargo slow down traffic. They may also affect road structures due to their large size and heavy weight. The movement of these vehicles is therefore regulated for the safety and convenience of other road users.
You must apply for an oversized vehicle movement (OVM) permit 3 days in advance via LTA.PROMPT for these scenarios:
- Overall width (including load) exceeds 3.00m (or 2.60m if you travel on controlled roads)
- Rear overhang of the load exceeds 40% of the vehicle length or 1.80m, whichever is lesser
- Overall weight exceeds the vehicle type’s laden weight limits (see below!)
In addition to applying for an OVM permit, you must engage an auxiliary police escort for these scenarios:
- Overall width (including load) exceeds 3.40m
- Overall height (including load) exceeds 4.50m
- Overall weight is 80,000kg or more
For vehicles with overall width of at least 6 meters, users are required to attach survey report which includes pre-condition survey photos of the specified route of travel to the application.
For vehicles with overall weight of at least 200 tonnes, users are required to attach the PE report of the specified route of travel together with the application